Cupcakes have always been — and continue to be — a favorite among the younger set. They are the perfect size for smaller hands. Those fluted paper or foil liners have come a long way. Tons of colors, designs, sizes are sold at grocery stores, craft stores and big box retailers. Cupcakes have become the centerpiece of many dessert tables, whether they are displayed on tiers, turned into tasty towers or frosted together to form cakes for any special occasion. Everyone always has room for a cupcake as they’re the perfect size for a lunch box treat or after school snack.
Now talking about cupcakes, it is one of the favourite treats for my twin boys.They just love eating cup cakes. The older twin has a flair for cooking right from when he has been about 3 years old (Now he is gonna turn 5 shortly!). He could easily break an egg and pour it on the pan. So the other day when I was planning to bake a batch of these cupcakes, he also wanted to help me do it. So why not develop this interest in cooking right from now!
I decided to involve him as well to make these cupcakes. He helped me to assemble the ingredients, mix the batter, pour the batter in the cupcake liners, wow it was actually a visual treat to see those small little hands in cooking. Mom and Son had a wonderful time baking together!
Anyways, since I was making a batch of the cupcakes, I thought of sharing it with a couple of my friends only then did I realise that few of them don’t eat egg and I had to make it eggless. Then it a thought struck to me of making it a little more healthier version without any butter.
Cup cake – eggless ! no butter!! You must be wondering, how can the cupcakes really be soft and moist. Well this recipe is foolproof recipe, tried and tested and I can assure you that your cupcakes will be very soft and super tasty and will just melt in your mouth!
Eggless chocochip cupcakes
- Maida/All purpose Flour 1.5 cups
- Sugar (Fine sugar)/powdered sugar 1 cup
- Coco Powder 3 tbsp
- Baking Powder 1 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- fresh Yoghurt (thick) 1 cup
- Oil( any oil with no of odour) 1/2 cup
- Chocochips 1/2 cup
- In a big mixing bowl , take curd and sugar powder . Whisk it gently so that curd becomes smooth and sugar dissolves .
- To the curd + sugar mix , add add baking powder and baking soda.Mix gently . You will see bubbles coming out. Keep the bowl aside for 5 mins
- Meanwhile , Sieve maida once or twice.Add the cocoa powder to the maida and mix it well
- Preheat oven at 180 degree c for 10 minutes
- After 5 mins , you will see the curd mixture would have risen well with frothy texture Add vanilla essence , salt and oil to the curd mixture . Mix gently with the whisk
- Now, add half of the sieved maida and coco powder mix and fold it gently.Again add the remaining half and mix it slowly and nicely such that there are no lumps .But be gentle ,the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- Lastly add the chocochips and fold it well.
- Pour this batter into the cupcake moulds and bake it for about 30/40 mins at 180deg
- Ensure that when a toothpick is inserted at the centre of the cupcake it comes out clean
- Transfer it on a wire rack and allow it to cool
As mentioned no butter and not too sweet , healthier and tastier ,yummy soft cupcakes ready to eat!!