Mango, very well known as the King of All Fruits, fights cancer, alkalize the body, aid in weight loss, regulate diabetes, help digestion, clean your skin and makes a perfect snack.
With its creamy texture and slight natural sweetness, Coconut milk is often considered a “miracle liquid” since coconut milk nutrition offers great ability to build up the body’s immune defenses and prevent disease. Coconut milk, along with it’s relatives coconut oil and coconut water are among the world’s healthiest foods.
Now you all must be wondering, coconut milk and mango! What a combination! Yes, i had the doubts too when I wanted to try making a fusion with this combination.
Mangoes am sure, is loved by everyone and all of us just wait for the season to come where we can lay our hands upon yummy juicy mangoes ! Now being in Dubai, I get the advantage of having most of the fruits throughout the year since the produce comes from across the globe. So a couple of weeks back when I went grocery shopping, I just passed by the section which had these real juicy mangoes and I was too tempted to buy them. Yes I did buy them!
Now the thought came upon as to what would I want to make with these. So I was thinking maybe a mango milk shake or mango icecream or a kulfi …but just then I realized that I cant afford to have so much sugar with my so called never ending dieting program.
That’s when this idea struck me as to why don’t I try something new.
Now there is a small twist to the tale, I had to make a healthy version !
Knock Knock with ideas and finally came up with one !
The secret ingredient to this delight is CHIA SEEDS. Now am sure many of us would be wondering what are these. Let me give u a small briefing on chia seeds and its benefits
Chia seeds are an unprocessed, whole -grain food that can be absorbed by the body as seeds. They are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants and calcium. The mild, nutty flavor of chia seeds makes them easy to add to foods and beverages. They are most often sprinkled on cereal, sauces, vegetables, rice dishes or yogurt or mixed into drinks and baked goods. They can also be mixed with water and made into a gel. They are also known to help in weight loss.
Now let me finally put across this interesting combination for you!
Mango Coconut Milk Delight
Type : Dessert(after lunch /dinner)
Serving Size : 1 portion
Preparation Time : 10 mins
- Coconut Milk (Canned /Fresh) 1 cup
- Chia Seeds 4 tbsp
- Banana 1 big or 2 medium sized
- Mango 1 medium sized(preferrably ripe Aphonso)
- Sweetener 1 tsp honey/maple syrup
- In a glass bowl/cup pour the coconut milk and add the chia seeds in it and whisk it well. Now place this mix in the fridge overnight or for 6 hrs minimum.
- Once you remove it after about 6 hrs, you will find that the chia seeds are fluffed up and forms a texture like a pudding.
- Now add the chopped bananas and mangoes in the chia seed and coconut milk mix.
- Add sweetener of your choice(i used organic maple syrup) you can use honey as well to give a slight sweetness to the dessert and mix it well.
- You can serve it immediately or keep it back in the fridge and serve it when needed.
- Best served when made fresh !!
Yummy guilt free dessert ready to serve which looks appealing and is tasty!!