Pumpkin is one of the widely grown vegetables incredibly rich in vital antioxidants, and vitamins. Pumpkin seeds are a great source of protein, minerals, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Wash Peel and remove the seeds of the pumpkin and chop them into small pieces
- Chop the onions into small pieces
- Now in a pan, pour in the olive oil and once the oil is heated add in the garlic pods,onion and chopped pumpkin and saute it nicely.
- Add some salt to it
- Keep doing saute till the pumpkin gets nicely roasted and cooked halfway,after which add the cup of water and close it with a lid till the pumpkin gets completely cooked.
- This would take about 5-10 mins.Check if the pumpkin is cooked well and then turn off the gas.
- Allow this pumpkin mix to cool down to room temperature and then put it in a blender and mix it well till the whole mixture becomes creamy
- Now pour this blended mix into the same pan and heat the soup for about 4-5 mins , add the desired salt and pepper powder according to taste.
- You can add some bread croutons, or roasted pumpkin seeds , garlic powder,cream to enhance the taste.I wanted to keep it simple, so just made it this way!
Serve this creamy tasty healthy soup in a bowl along with bread of your choice!
This creamy, yet healthy pumpkin soup is the best!