Today, I suddenly had an urge to have something sweet. But then I knew that if I indulge in anything sweet, I would start craving it more, and can’t really afford to do that now when the intention is weight loss.
So I was just wondering what can I make instantly which would be healthy as well as satisfy my sweet tooth. I found two bananas which were overly ripe. And just a couple of days back I had seen a recipe which a friend had shared which came instantly into my mind . Flourless cookies with banana.
Cookies ! Yes what comes into immediate thought is loads of sugar and calories !But these cookies are absolutely without any sugar or flour . Just a few ingredients and ready in matter of 15-20 mins.
I mixed some oats banana some raisins coconut flakes choco chips elaichi powder and just made a quick batter and placed in the oven for some heavenly and healthy cookies !
Flourless Sugarless Banana Oats Cookies
Vegan/ gluten free
Serving Size. 10-12 cookies
Preparation Time :5 mins
Baking Time :15-20 mins ( depending on the oven)
Total time :25-30 mins approx
Banana(ripe) 2 medium sized
Oats. 3/4-1 cup approx
Raisins 2 tbsp
Choco chips 2 tbsp
Coconut flakes 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to about 180deg/360 fah for about 5 mins
- In a bowl , Mash the bananas well with a fork.
- Add in the raisins coconut flakes and choco chips.
- Add the oats and mix well with a spoon.
- The consistency should be of a cookie batter not too loose.
- Now In a baking tray , place an aluminum foil or baking paper. With the help of a spoon , pour in the cookie batter into small portions.
- Place it in the oven for about 15-20 mins
- You can see the cookie Turning brown
- This cookie would not be crispy but soft and slightly chewy. But tastes just perfect !
The sweetness of the banana coupled with the raisins and choco chips absolutely satisfied my sweet tooth.
The cookies can be served hot or cold and can be stored in air tight container for later use.