We are all familiar with scrambled eggs! Tofu scramble ? Yes, you read it correctly! Today my recipe is a yummy Tofu scramble.
Tofu has become my latest protein love. So I try to experiment new recipes with this amazing protein.
Tofu as mentioned ,is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. It is also an excellent source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1.
Tofu is an excellent food from a nutritional and health perspective. It is thought to provide the same sort of protection against cancer and heart disease as soya beans.
Given its neutral taste and range of consistency, tofu has an amazing ability to work with almost all types of flavours and foods.
My today’s recipe has a mix of mushrooms ,bell pepper,kale leaves ( u can use spinach instead ).
Serving Size 2 portions
Preparation Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 5-10 mins
Total Time 15-20 mins
Meal type Breakfast/lunch /dinner
Tofu 200 gms( soft to medium firm)
Bell pepper/ capsicum 1 medium size
Mushrooms 1 cup
Onion 1 medium
Kale / spinach leaves 1 cup
Green chilly 1 medium
Baking and spices
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Chilly powder 1/2 tsp
Salt To taste
Olive oil/ coconut oil/ vegetable oil 1 tsp
– Strain the water from the tofu and just mash it with a fork
– cut the mushrooms into small pieces
– chop the bell pepper into small pieces
– chop the kale or the spinach leaves into small pieces
– chop the onions finely
– in a pan heat the oil and add the onions and sauté it till turns translucent, now add the chopped green chilly and sauté it.
– next add the mushrooms and Bell pepper and spinach/ kale leaves and sauté it nicely till it gets cooked
– Now add the mashed tofu and sauté all the veggies with the tofu together.
– It’s time to season the mix, add the salt pepper and chilly powder to taste .
– mix it well and allow it to cook for 2 mins
Hot tofu scramble ready to serve. It can be accompanied with some soup or bread or it can be had as it is.
– Deepa Damodar