I was invited for tea at a friend’s place a couple of months back along with a few of my other friends . Tea time but obviously completes with some yummy snacks. She had made this easy simple and tasty papdi pizza which I just loved so much and the taste still remains in my mouth.
This evening I wanted to make the same for my kids. Pizza is one such food which I guess every kid goes about drooling for it when they see it.This tasty and delicious snack is just the perfect snack you would want to make if you have a tea party and especially when you have little kids around.
The toppings can vary according to individual choice and taste.I had to make a quick snack, So I topped it with some boiled potato, onion and capsicum. Potato is one vegetable which all the kids usually love.I also added some Indian taste to it by adding some Chaat masala to the same.
Serving Size 5-6 portions
Prep Time 10-15 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
Total Time 20-25 mins
Meal type Evening snack
Papdi 30-35 pieces ( you get to buy it ready made or the same can be made at home )
Capsicum 1 medium size
Potato( boiled ) 1 medium size
Onion 1 medium size
Tomato ketchup 4-6 tbsp
Salt To taste
Chaat Masala 1/2 tsp
Mozzarella cheese 1 cup ( grated )
-Preheat the oven at 180 deg for about 10 mins
– In a bowl mash the boiled potato.
– Chop the onion and capsicum into small pieces
– Add the onions and capsicum into the bowl along with the mashed potatoes.
– Add salt and chaat masala to taste
– Now in a baking tray , place the papdi one by one
– Pour in the tomato ketchup in each papdi carefully
– Now take small portions of the potato mix and place it on the papdi
– Finally top it with grated mozzarella cheese
– Place this tray in the oven for about 5-8 mins or till the cheese melts
Hot delicious tasty papdi pizza ready to serve . It can be accompanied along with some tea or coffee.